- AVTA Home Page
- AVTA Academy Info
- Application Information
- AVTA Exam Information
- AVTA Fees
- Contact Us
- Continuing Education
- Important Links
- Employment Opportunities
AVTA Certification Exam Sample Questions
1. A canine trauma patient presents to the small animal clinic with signs suggesting neurological involvement.
2. What is a sensation of pain from a non-noxious stimulus?
B. Nociceptive Pain
C. Physiologic Pain
3. What colors represent the commonly used anesthetic agents?
A. purple for halothane, red for sevoflurane, orange for isoflurane.
B. red for halothane, yellow for sevoflurane, purple for isoflurane
C. red for halothane, orange for sevoflurane, purple for isoflurane
D. purple for halothane, yellow for sevoflurane, orange for isoflurane
4. Lidocaine is indicated for the treatment of which of the following arrhythmias?
A. Supraventricular tachycardia
B. Atrial fibrillation
C. Ventricular tachycardia
D. Ventricular escape beats
5. What do the following blood gas results indicate and what corrective action should be taken?
B. Metabolic acidosis. Administer sodium bicarbonate and monitor blood gas results.
C. This is a normal blood gas.
D. Respiratory alkalosis. Decrease ventilatory rate and/or tidal volume and monitor blood gas results.